Would you like to help not only connect numbers but also connect people who care with causes that matter? At the Community Foundation, you’ll find a team of like-minded people who are passionate about making a difference in the world and helping fundholders, nonprofits and others do the same. If you want to be part of a nonprofit making a big impact, join us!
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for the internal operations and financial activities of the Foundation in accordance with the policies, goals and objectives established by the Board of Directors. This position will have day-to-day responsibility for all internal administrative functions and will work in collaboration with the President and Chief Executive Officer to plan, organize and direct the operations of the Foundation.
Operations and Administration
Responsible for all daily internal operations and administrative functions including:
- Coordinate the responsibilities for and provide direct supervision of the administrative and finance staff and contract workers
- Direct internal operations to achieve budgeted results for all operating expenses and to preserve the operating fund of the Foundation
- Participate in the periodic updates of the strategic plan and collaborate with the President and Chief Executive Officer as to the initiatives necessary to achieve the goals and objectives established
- Responsible for the internal coordination and communication of information to enhance management functionality and achievement of objectives
- Insure that all activities are conducted in compliance with regulations and our internal policies and procedures
- Facilitate and coordinate the general grant cycle and any emergency grant cycles in collaboration with the Grants Committee.
- Facilitate and coordinate all contract negotiations for external service providers including rent, etc.
Finance and Administration
Responsible for all aspects of the daily finance operations including the establishment of adequate internal controls over the assets of the Foundation.
- Maintain and administer the financial accounting and grants management systems
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of donor information
- Ensure all gifts and receipts are properly and timely acknowledged
- Create and present the Foundation Yearly Financial Budget for CEO and Board approval
- Create monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports for review by the Finance Committee, Executive Committee and Foundation Board
- Prepare analytical financial information for distribution to the Executive Committee and Board of Directors as needed
- Maintain the operations of the foundation within the yearly budget constraints
- Coordinate annual audit of financial operations
- Review and file annual 990
- Provide financial information for annual report publication
- Maintain commercial relationships with Financial Institutions
- Coordinate National Standards Certification
- Communicate with and maintain investment manager relationships
- Research potential non cash gift proposals
- Perform special projects related to the finance function
Human Resources Manager
- Coordinate Foundant training of personnel as needed
- Administer payroll
- Coordinate employee benefits
- Performance Management System
- Professional Development for Staff
Major medical, dental and vision coverage paid by employer
12 paid company holidays
Generous PTO policy
401K – 6% match
Salary: $100k or higher based on experience
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.